The foam ring is designed for gripping products with an uneven or ridged surface, e.g.:
• Sawn wood, sheet metal, flat surfaces with bumps or hollows.
• All granular surfaces to which suction pads cannot adhere correctly and are therefore not airtight.
COVAL offers two types of foam strips: the BM series rolls and the VSBM series ring version.
BM-SPTR version: Nitrile beveled foam strip
• Nitrile (NBR - Black): Good resistance to oil. The nitrile foam strip can only be glued to nitrile suction cups. Closed cells.
• Silicone (SI - White): Heat-resistant up to 160°C (320°F), does not leave marks on products handled. Do not use the silicone foam strip for gripping products before painting or lacquering.
• Natural rubber (NR) : Abrasion resistance. Open cells. Use with turbine (strong suction) for gripping products with very uneven surfaces, such as slabs of washed gravel.
Nitrile foam strip :
Mounting with contact adhesive or fl ush-mounted at a depth adapted to the height and potential fl ush-mounting of the seal subject to the vacuum: 50% to 70% of the new height.
All supports, particularly steel, aluminum, etc.
Tube of neoprene adhesive (120 ml): Part No. 095.99.006.